Friday, May 7, 2004

My Vision

I have a dream-it is a small dream, but a practical one. This dream involves
our little nation friend Albania. With the right resources, I firmly believe
that a group of Americans can take this backwards country and make it into
something profitable. I have a couple of plans for Albania once I take over.
First is to take a small island off the coast and make it into "Coup Isle,"
which will be a fully independent sovereign nation. It is there that we will
have a retreat for business tycoons and the extremely wealthy. We have some
tanks and artillery that we will let them fire off and they can all run
around and throw a bloodless coup. They can then be the official leaders of
the country they just conquered. We will print them money with their faces
on it. They will be the official government for a period of two weeks. At
the end of the two weeks we stage another coup, fire off some artillery,
have a bonfire and then whisk away the group as they flee into exile.

Now for the rest of Albania. I don't see why I should claw and scratch my
way through US politics when someone with my sense of how things should work
can become the supreme chancellor of a small nation. I figure that I could
hold onto power for a few years, but eventually I'll be kicked out and I'll
have to flee in exile. Now this would be a great story to tell at happy
hour.

Next, I want to apply for a manager job at McDonald's. On the application
where it asks, "What was your previous employment?" I will put: Supreme
Dictator of Albania. Where it asks "Reason for leaving last job?" I will
put: Coup. If they ask if they can contact my previous employer, which would
be the people of Albania, I will say "No, I think they are quite pissed at
me right now."

So who is with me?
Vincent

No comments: