Monday, May 7, 2007

State of the Union

As you may of heard by now the President of the United States gave is annual State of the Union address. Naturally I am going to have some issues with this. First of all the way the News handles it, how the press states what is about to happen before it happens? Why is it that the press can quote the speech before it is given. This is like a trailer that shows all the good parts so there is no point in watching the movie. We heard the speech before hand, what all the major points are, what everybody thinks is going to be the reaction when given. So why don't we just ditch the speech and go straight to analyses. The presidents office can just tell a group of reports what they are planning to say, and print it out in the media then it would save all the trouble of hosting the event. You know I wish there was streaker, or something along those lines. Imagine the streaker going out on the stage shouting down with the Fonz. Probably a news report would say, "There was a man that was going to streak but we found him shortly before he could do his stunt." I would be pissed, mainly because I want to see the streaker.
Have a good week VincentClark.com fans.
Vincent Clark

[originally posted in asp version of the newsletter prior to 5/07/2007]

No comments: