Monday, May 7, 2007

Drinking Koolaid

VincentClark Enterprise is please to announce the success of ebay.vincentclark.net. We have also launched our corporate site in its new domain at vincentclark.org. We have also revamped vincentclark.net with a new look and feel. Now it is time for my beef. So I am sitting watching the TV and a commercial comes on. It shows Washington DC, The Lincoln Memorial, Mount Rushmore, the dollar bill, an American flag. Now was this Ford promoting American made products...we should be so lucky to have a home grown company do something that clever. But it was Toyota!!! Did I miss something? Was there a bus I should have took? At what point did we as Americans become sheep? This is almost as bad a Subway using firefighters to peddle their sandwiches. Is it me or does it seem like the men commercial have become babbling buffoons while the smart sheik woman is the hero. Even B commercials are using this ploy. Why do people think that buy buying an Audi somehow they are secrete agents, if you buy an SUV you need to go to obscene places four wheeling. That is exactly what I want to do with my brand new $40,000.00 car. Plus what the hell is a Hemi and why do we need one? Then there is product placement. Some new X Box game appears on an episode of Alias, you bet Perigil Ilacas (of http://ilacas.com, where the magic comes alive) and ten other people will be right there in line when the stores open. Product placement has become the new norm, it is only a matter of time before the commercial goes away and product placement will take its place. I look at everything with suspicion. It is only a matter of time before tagging and roadside marketing become one. Advertisements and self promoting is in every aspect of our live. That is why you should check out the great new buttons on ebay.vincentclark.net. How did we get into this situation? How do we get out? I don't know the answer to that one, but I think my grandfather said it best when he said, "Son, get a sweater--it's cold outside." No marketing ploy in that one, just wholesome entertainment like Disney California Adventure. Thanky you for reading, Vincent Clark

No comments: